Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Life Interrupts Art

I thought that today would be the perfect day to catch up on a lot of writing. Oh sure, I had plans to pick up some lumber to shore up a temporary shed damaged by the recent snowstorm in this part of the country, but I wasn’t planning to do the actual repair until Thursday, in the sunshine, with warmer temperatures.

Then I saw the weather report. We’re expecting another storm tonight. Not like the last one, but still a few inches of icy snow followed by rain, enough to make me nervous about the shed, which houses my wife’s pet art project, a teardrop camping trailer that she and I have been building for nearly two years.

So, not so much writing today. Not that I won’t be writing at all, but it won’t be the marathon I originally pictured.

Perhaps Thursday. When there will be sunshine, and warmer temperatures. Assuming the forecast holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment